« Catoctin Residence
Cosmic Metropolis »
This 1915 Arts & Crafts “Four Square” house in the Cleveland Park neighborhood in Washington DC was actually a “subtraction” project, as a large 1960s addition was removed and replaced with a smaller-scaled two-story addition with open porch facing an enlarged rear yard. The design of the quatrefoil medallions on the rear elevation was inspired by the presence of the National Cathedral nearby. Extensive cherry built-ins dominate the interior. Completion: 1997; winner of DC Chapter AIA 'Merit Award', 1998.