Center Hall 2 »
Built in 1907 on a sloping, forested site in the Cleveland Park neighborhood of Washington DC, the century-old balloon-framed house was literally sliding into a creek when planning for a large addition began. The design solution involved the installation of a series of 25 ft. deep concrete caissons to stabilize the original structure. The addition is set back from the 1907 Queen Anne/Shingle Style hybrid in an effort to maintain street presence and scale. Completed in 2002.